Fire safety training
To effectively minimise the risk of fire in the workplace, it is essential staff are aware of the causes of fire and what action to take in the event of a fire. Fire safety training protects employees, visitors and residents and ensures the safety of the workplace.
Who is responsible for fire safety training?
Under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 you are responsible for fire safety in business or other non-domestic premises if you are: an employer, the owner, the landlord, or you are in a role where you have control of the premises such as a facilities manager, building manager, managing agent or risk assessor.
The Order also requires employers to train new staff when they start work and tell all employees about any new fire risks.
Fire safety training courses
To effectively minimise the risk of fire in the workplace, it is essential that staff are aware of the causes of fire and what action to take in the event of a fire, including how to safely evacuate the premises.
Fire safety training courses should cover:
- current fire safety legislation
- the causes of fire
- understanding the chemical processes that result in fire
- hazard identification
- different types of fire extinguisher
- fire drills and evacuation procedures
Employees who undertake the role of Fire Warden or Fire Marshal will need additional training to:
- identify and record fire hazards in the workplace
- tackle a small fire using a fire extinguisher or fire blanket
- understand human behaviour in a fire
- manage fire drills
- identify means of escape
- oversee the safe evacuation of disabled staff and visitors
Stay safe, stay legal
Effective management and appropriate staff training as required by law can help make sure that the correct actions are taken so that the building can be evacuated safely and efficiently.
We offer a range of professional online, classroom-based and practical fire safety training courses covering:
- Fire extinguisher and fire awareness training
- Fire warden and fire marshal training
- Fire risk assessment
- Fire safety management
We can also offer tailored and bespoke training for specific needs and situations.