Businesses can significantly reduce the risk from and damage by fire by appointing a fire team. A fire team is a group of employees who form a first response team in the event of a fire. It is crucial that the team have received specialist training for their role.
Marsden Fire Safety offers fire team training to ensure that members of the fire team can use their firefighting equipment efficiently, effectively and safely. As well as learning how to work together to help protect the safety of staff and visitors in the event of a fire, before the fire service arrives.
During the course, delegates will learn:
- The different classes of fire.
- Selection and use of the correct type of extinguisher.
- The dangers of fire.
- The limitations of first aid and firefighting equipment.
- The need for good command, control, communications and teamwork.
- Practical skills for using firefighting equipment.
Delegates will take part in practical firefighting sessions relevant to their workplace